Monday, February 12, 2007

valentine's cherry kit kats (USA)

Oh man. Yet another limited edition Valentine's Kit Kat from Hershey. Last night as Val and I were shopping in Target, I stumbled across a bag of limited edition Valentine's Cherry Flavored Kit Kats. Now, I'm not really a fan of cherry flavored anything, but I decided to give them a try on behalf of Kit Kat Palace's 3 readers (myself included).

The wrappers are nice enough looking. Nothing special, but what can one expect from Hershey? They aren't the creative geniuses behind the Kinder Bueno or Aero Bar packaging, but whatever. It's a Kit Kat and that's what matters. When I bite into the pink wafer I'll get a sudden rush of pleasure from the crisp wafers and delicious chocolate and be quite satisfied. But boy am I surprised when I take my first real bite. What the hell am I eating? This isn't a Kit Kat. It doesn't even slightly resemble a Kit Kat, except for the wafer in the center which when mixed with the cherry flavored white chocolate taste like I'm eating a breakfast cereal. Yuck. Boy, this one is disappointing. However, I can't give it horrible remarks because I don't really cherry flavor to begin with. Anybody out there care to give me their opinion?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the Cherry Kit Kats. Every Valentines Day, I anxiously await there arrival. This year< I have searched hi n low and have yet to find them in stores.

Unknown said...

I absolutly love the cherry kit kat, but I am unable to find them anywhere this year. It is true they do taste similar to my favorite breakfast cereal.

abellamy said...

I tried finding those all year long. They are possibly my absolute favorite candy bar. If you have any leads on where to get them, please let me know!

Anonymous said...

I am so ticked I cannot find them anymore. I could eat bags of those kit kats.

Anonymous said...

Can these be bought online?

Anonymous said...

These were my favorite candy EVER. WHY doesn't Hershey's make them anymore!??