Wednesday, February 7, 2007

fruit parfait kit kat (Japan)

Oh man, here we go with another crazy Japanese flavor. I've had this one for a while, I just never got around to eating it. My gay hairstylist brother came over last night to cut my hair and decided he needed to try one of my specialty Kit Kats. We decided on the Fruit Parfait.

Like other Japanese Kit Kats, this one came in two individually packaged double-finger bars inside a well designed box with pictures of various fruits. The smell and the appearance was very similar to the Cantaloupe flavor that I had reviewed several weeks ago, with white chocolate housing a wafer center with small fruit specks chicken pocking the surface. Unfortunately, this Kitter was a bit of a disappointment. Unlike the Hokkaido Melon, there was no distinct smell or taste. Its flavor was more of a conglomerate. I could taste four or five different fruits, but wasn't able to distinguish any of them. This one is only for the Kit Kat die hards out there. Sorry Nestle, you missed on this one.

No comments: