Thursday, February 22, 2007

mars triple chocolate twix bar (USA)

Ohhh... This one excites me. I've always been a fan of Twix, with the crisp cookie in the middle and the sticky, gooey caramel riding on top. I was very interested in trying this triple chocolate version of the famous bar. One of my co-workers picked it up for me, knowing I'm always fond of trying limited edition chocolates.

The package beared the phrase, "Chocolate Cookie, Chocolate Caramel, Covered in Milk Chocolate. Really, how could you go wrong? I ripped open the package and gave the bar a whiff. The familiar smell of the Twix emanated from the wrapper. So far, so good. My first bite into the Twix bar was one of delight and disappointment at the same time. Could it be possible that there was something as "too much" chocolate? This bar had everything right, but there was still something off. I liked it so much, yet thought that it was just a bit much. I think perhaps it was the cookie. It was the cookie that was throwing the whole thing off. One of my mottos I've stuck to over the years is "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." And that's the problem with Twix. It ain't broke and there was really no need to try and mend what was already a great chocolate bar. Oh, well. Until the next Twix special edition...

Mars Triple Chocolate Twix
Size: 56.7g Calories: 280 Fat: 14g Carbohydrates: 36g

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I saw the Triple Chocolate Twix on the counter by the cash register. I am chocoholic and this Candy Bar nailed it for me. I am not a fan of the Twix Bar, but I would travel far and wide to find the Triple Chocolate Twix. The chocolate cookie and caramel are a perfet combination. I hope Mars produces the Triple Chocolate Twix again as a regular Twix option.