Friday, April 27, 2007

morinaga grape hi-chew (japan)

I had read about these on another blog, though I can't quite remember which one. I've seen them on j-list and asian grocer but had never been able to try it. I won't lie to you, this package looks like it was designed by a ten year old.

The actual chew was much smaller than I thought it would be, about half the size of a Starburst. The candy had a purple center surrounded by a white "White Rabbit" type chew. It was a bit harder and tougher to digest than I would have liked it, but the flavor more than made up for it. The grape was that of a Welch's grape soda and perhaps even better than that. It tasted like the first bite into a piece of grape Hubba Bubba.

Anyways, I would buy this again, if just to try the other available flavors. I wish it were a bit softer, but perhaps the pack I bought had been sitting on the shelf for a while.

Morinaga Grape Hi-Chew (Japan)
Size: 50g Calories: 210 Fat: 5g Carbohydrates: 42g

No comments: