Sunday, April 15, 2007

mild bitter kit kat (Japan)

I've had this one in my collection for a while and figured that it was time I gave it a try. The packaging is sure promising. Bitter chocolate. Mmm. I'm not sure if it was implying that the contents were of the dark chocolate variety or it the chocolate itself was made bitter. I was intrigued. The package design itself was pretty decent looking. Clean and simple, one of my mottos when designing.

Anyways, I tore open the box to reveal the two, two-finger packages inside. My first bite into it was one of surprise... It wasn't that the chocolate was milky or dark or used more or less cacao; it's that there was a lack of flavor for the first few seconds. Then after chewing the wafer and chocolate, the flavor of the high cacao content became very apparent.

Now, one might ask what the difference between this and a dark chocolate Kit Kat is. The regular dark chocolate Kitter is still sweet. This one is more indicative of baking chocolate. The normal sweetness seems to have been replaced by the natural sugars of cacao bean. The Mild Bitter Kit Kat, while quite good, is definitely not for everybody.

Mild Bitter Kit Kat (Japan)
Size: 21.5g Calories: 118 Fat: 6.6g Carbohydrates: 13.2g

No comments: