Wednesday, March 28, 2007

mango crispy monogotari (Japan)

If you look closely at the cover of the box on the left, it appears as if there are huge wafers stuffed in the middle of a regular Kit Kat. This however, is not the case. Boy was I surprised when I ripped open one of those brightly colored orange packets and found... No chocolate? Did I get a defective one? What was the deal with this Kit Kat? Something was amiss here.

Actually, nothing was wrong with this Kit Kat. Through a little bit of Googling, I was able to find out that this particular kitter is also known as the "naked" Kit Kat. Ahh... Now it all made sense. But then, what was this kitter going to taste like? After all, without the chocolate, it was just a regular wafer cookie that you could buy from Target. In fact, I just bought a whole 30 pack of passionfruit ones from the Goya section for a whole ninety-nine cents.

So... I bit into the Crispy Monogatari. You know what? I wasn't very impressed. In defense of the Crispy Monogarari, the wafers were extremely light and the mango creme that was sandwiched between was quite tasty. However, when it came down to it, they were still just a glorified version of those Goya wafers. If you're a collector, go ahead and add this one. However, if you're just a casual kitter chomper (that's my new one), save your self a few bucks and head down to Target. It's a shame that something so simple as a creme wafer could have the Kit Kat named tacked on to it and more than sextuple its price. Although it was decent tasting, I'm giving this a mere 6 Goodness Points for lack of originality and deceptive packaging.

Mango Crispy Monogatari
Size: 10.5g Calories: 56 Fat: 0.85g Carbohydrates: 6.5g

No comments: