Thursday, March 22, 2007

le patissier takagi brandy & orange kit kat (Japan)

I bought this box from Jason over in Japan. It's a special edition Kit Kat made with flavors and ingredients hand selected by Le Patissier Takagi aka Iron Chef Takagi. This package of Kit Kats was unlike any I have ever seen before. As you can see from the picture at the above left, the box comes in a spectacular rice paper wrapper and is sealed with a Le Patissier Takagi emblem. The wrapper is patterned with Kit Kat logos and stripes made of the words "Le Patissier Takagi". However, the beautiful packaging doesn't stop there. Peeling off the outer wrapper reveals a glossy embossed boxed, sparkling with gold foil letters and a somewhat holographic heart-shaped sticker. For all the Kit Kats I have seen in my life, never before have I witnessed such beauty.
Taking my first bite into the this marvel was something out of a dream. What was I eating? This didn't taste like a standard Kit Kat! The chocolate was extremely creamy, like a Lindt truffle. And there was something else... The wafer was extremely delicate and light. The finger itself was about three quarters of the normal height of a regular kitter, but about one and a half times wider. Looking inside the chocolate covered finger, I could see the wafer and a thin layer of white, brandy and orange flavored cream directly above it. The brandy flavor never really came out, but it didn't hurt the overall taste at all. The orange was not overwhelming and complimented the smooth chocolate well.

I was very impressed with this chocolate and understand very well why this box of chocolates cost me almost $30.00. Perhaps if I liked the orange-chocolate combination better to begin with, I would have given this a perfect 10. My advice for those who like these flavors... Go buy a box!

Le Patissier Takagi Brandy & Orange Kit Kat (Japan)
Size: 18g Calories: 100 Fat: 6g Carbohydrates: 10.5g

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, be a dear and set aside a few of these for me. They will be my post-Lent desert.

DJZmudpony said...

Will do!