Tuesday, January 16, 2007

nestle caramel aero bar (Canada)

Hmm... Where to begin? For those of you who don't know me personally, I'm a graphic artist. I have always loved the packaging design of the Nestle Aero bars. It's not really the logo itself, as it is just skewed type with a "chocolate bubble" fill, but the good use of complimentary colors and playful fonts (VAG Rounded?).

If you've never had an Aero bar before, you're missing one of the best tasting commercially mass-produced chocolate bars out there. Its gimic are the hundreds of air bubbles trapped in each bar that turn a normal bar of chocolate into an extremely light one which almost melts in your mouth.

I'm quite anxious to try this flavor as I've only had the regular and mint ones so far. This Aero bar is shaped differently than normal ones as it's longer, skinnier and rounder. Unfortunately my first two bites into it were ones of disappointment. There was a lack of caramel in both bites (the "pocket" was empty!) and the chocolate was not as frothy as I had expected it to be. On the third bite, I finally reached the caramel filling and was met with a solid "Old Rolo" type caramel instead of the gooey goodness I thought would be inside.

Although it sounds like this review is one of dismay and complaint, I still give this a thumbs up for its combined taste of the caramel and faux Aero chocolate. Though not on the top of my list, I would still recommend this one to all chocolate lovers out there.

No comments: