Sunday, June 8, 2008

Hersheypark (Part Deux)

During this trip, we found out that Stella (our Mini Cooper S) is capable of 450 miles to a tank of gas. At one point, the onboard computer was telling us that we had a range of 502 miles, but I dunno if I would trust those last 52 miles, especially coming off a little more than a gallon of gas.

Anyways, on to the events of the day. We started the day riding Hersheypark's new rollercoaster, 97 Fahrenheit, which boasts a 97 degree drop (see picture). After roaming the park and making my annual visit to the Play Dome (see picture), we headed over to the Kit Kat Cafe to indulge in some refreshing ice cream. The temperature had climbed to almost 100 degrees and the humidity was almost unbearable.

The Kit Kat Cafe (located in the upper level of Chocolate World) is a place where one can rest and have a sandwich, salad, or bowl of pasta in a quiet, air conditioned environment. One can also create your own sundae of two scoops of ice cream, three chocolate candy toppings and two liquid toppings. For my sundae, I chose two scoops of vanilla, three helpings of Kit Kats (what else?) and caramel and hot fudge toppings. The sundae itself was nothing special, save for the delicious Kitters. What made the sundae was the wonderful bowl it came in. Mind you I had to pay an extra $1.99 to get the bowl, but it will make a great addition to my collection. Okay, it's nearing 1:15am, so I best be off to bed. I'll write more about the trip tomorrow...

No comments: